Add to Quote
XP® Gypsum Board was designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew compared to standard gypsum board products. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of the panels are tapered.
With PURPLE® paper on the face side and heavy, mold/mildew/moisture, 100% recycled gray paper on the back side, you can count on XP Gypsum Board to help protect your projects from mold.
Works For Interior Projects
- All wall and ceiling applications.
- As tile backerboard in dry areas.
- In areas with limited water exposure, such as toilet/sink areas and above tile in tubs and showers.
Inhibits Mold Growth
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features Sporgard® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
- Has less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473.
Installs Fast And Easy
- Scores and snaps easily, with no special handling requirements.
- Ends are square cut and finished smooth.
- Edges are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced.
- Reinforces the core with face paper folded around the long edges.
Provides Fire Resistance
- UL Classified for fire resistance and surface burning characteristics.
Resists Moisture Better
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
- Gold Bond® XP® Gypsum Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
- Qualifies as a low-emitting material per California Section 01350 and CDPH Standard Method, v1.2.